Home > News > PROCEDURES FOR IMPORTING USED TECHNOLOGICAL LINES
PROCEDURES FOR IMPORTING USED TECHNOLOGICAL LINES
Currently, Vietnam is becoming a hot spot for attracting FDI from countries around the world. Along with the continuous expansion of FDI enterprises, the demand for importing used technology lines from the parent company and other countries is also increasing. However, not understanding the import procedures for this type of product makes many businesses face difficulties. Are there any criteria for evaluating the quality of technological lines? In order to help businesses to better understand import procedures, SME Logistics would like to advise as follows.
Import criteria for used machinery, equipment and technological lines
Based on Decision No.: 18/2019/QD-TTg dated April 19, 2019 of the Prime Minister on import of used machinery, equipment and technological lines:
Article 5. Import criteria for used technological lines
A used technological line may be imported if it satisfies the following criteria:
1. It is manufactured in accordance with:
a) National Technical Regulations (QCVN) on safety, energy saving, and environmental protection;
b) In case of unavailability of National Technical Regulations (QCVN) for a technological line to be imported, it must be manufactured in conformity with technical indicators of Vietnam’s Standards (TCVN) or Standards of G7 countries or Korea with regard to safety, energy saving, and environmental protection.
2. Remaining capacity (which is the number of products that the technological line produce in a given time period) or performance must achieve at least 85% of its design capacity or performance.
3. The amount of raw materials or energy consumed by the technological line shall not exceed 15% of its design consumption level.
4. Technologies of the technological line to be imported must not be on the List of technologies prohibited or restricted from transferring promulgated under the Government’s Decree No. 76/2018/ND-CP dated May 15, 2018.
5. A technology comprised in the technological line to be imported is being applied by at least 03 manufacturers of member countries of Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Apart from the import documents prescribed by the Law on customs, the importer must submit additional documents, based on Clause 1, Article 7 of Decision No. 18/2019 / QD-TTg as follows:
a) The copy of the Certificate of enterprise registration bearing the importer’s seal. In case of entrusted import, the import entrustment agreement must be submitted;
b) The inspection certificate issued by a designated inspection body that meet the requirements laid down in Article 11 hereof. Contents of such inspection certificate must conform to Points a, b, c, d, dd Clause 1 Article 10 hereof.
Therefore, the import of used technological lines must have an evaluation document issued by an assessment organization. This can be difficult for businesses because they do not know which agency is eligible, and the language barrier makes it difficult to apply for an inspection certificate from a foreign assessment organization. With the experience of importing used technology lines and our experienced staffs who understand customs and transportation procedures, SME Logistics confidently can help you to import this type of product to minimize risks and costs. In addition, we also advise on the transportation, the port of entry, goods packaging to ensure the best advantage for businesses when importing this item.
For more information and support, please do not hesitate contact us:
Head office: 3rd Floor, 39A Ngo Quyen Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Viet Nam